Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Otis Dozier prints

Well, I just got these done. Everything seemed to go together very nicely. Just thought I would post up some pictures of a little of the process and the final product if anyone's interested in seeing them. Here's a few shots of the framed pieces......


Indian Corn





Passage to the Sea




Walpi


And that is just a few. Here is some of the process..
All matted up and mounted (to the mat using preservation corners so there is no tape touching the art), ready to have the glass cut and put on and the frame added....

And here is the frame after it's been mitered and joined. And then the final adding of the frame and the fit up (backing and hangers applied). This is probably a serious over-simplification of the process but it might give you more of an idea of how it works. Hope y'all enjoyed it. I really enjoyed framing these.







2 comments:

  1. Very nice, the Walpi is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they just went out the door. I'm going to miss seeing those. The Walpi is awesome too. I love the color, so hard to decide on a favorite though.

    ReplyDelete